Tuesday – Topics discussed included:
- Boyer has a moustache!
- North Korea might be shooting a rocket into space AND doing an underground nuclear explosions test!
- Fighting in Syria has overlapped into Turkey – Article 5 can be invoked! It’s more justified than what happened in Libya
- Saudi Arabia is willing to arm the Syrian opposition!
- How to stay informed and smart about the news!
- There was a ten-year-old who had a baby in South America? What?
- You got’sta know the SCO!
- Is Putin rebuilding the Soviet Union?
- Russia and China have a joint space program
- Cultural organizations – the Arab League, African Union
- Different types of religion – ethnic (born into) and universalizing (spreading everywhere!)
- There are two aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf
- Instagram! It’s another .com bubble. D=
- All about tulips! The first stock market bubble!
Thursday – Topics discussed included:
- There was a standoff between China and the Philippines in the South China Sea
- Japan is ready to shoot North Korea’s rocket
- The cease fire in Syria is on! Will it last?
- Sixth Summit of the Americas is going to happen in Colombia. But what is it? And why is the location important? (They’re talking about drug policy)
- Colombia – the rising star of Latin America!
- There is hope for Mexico!
- The G-8 and G-20: what they are, what they do, and their history
- The BRICS
- The difference between BRICS, the G-8, G-20, and the other organizations!
- CHINA RICH! It’s the powerhouse of East Asia! But not all of China is the same…
- Soccer on the Tibetan Plateau!