Week 3! There were Red Bulls under all the seats!
Topics discussed in this lecture included:
- Nations, states, and nation-states, Part 2!
- What is sovereignty, and how do you get it?
- China rich!
- The UN – how does it work?
- The P-5! (plus one!)
- Taiwan held China’s UN seat at one point in time
- Why Palestine isn’t a country
- A Tale of Two Bushes – Iraq
- Why so much UN stuff happens in Africa
- If the P-5 were restructured, who might enter?
- Genocide is not cool – the UN has to act if genocide occurs. But what is the definition of genocide?
- Is sovereignty coming undone?